The SS500 spike setter is used to set spikes into the tie in preparation for driving with a hydraulic spike driver. The spike setter reduces the chances of injuries associated other methods of setting spikes.
- Shock reducing rubber cushion grips
- Latch under handle holds anvil in
- position when not setting a spike
- Safety latch prevents the two pieces from coming apart during or after use.
- The anvil can be removed and rotated 90° increments.
- A replaceable magnetic bar holds the spike in place.
- A band decal on the handle indicates the center of balance for carrying the tool.