The PRG100 allows grinding in tight areas and grinds the head and web with the same piece of equipment.
This powerful, lightweight unit has a 39 cc two-cycle engine that is 10% larger than previous models, yet it weighs only 18 lbs. Designed with operators’ needs in mind, the grinder features an adjustable tool rest that allows the operator to “rest” or support the grinder on top of the rail during use. This helps to eliminate fatigue, and the tool rest can be easily adjusted for proper positioning of the grinding wheel.
- Strong 39 cc two-cycle engine
- Power head handle incorporates base plate to protect engine from damage
- Lightweight design weighs only 18 lbs
- Anti-vibration handle reduces operator fatigue and helps provide proper balance while operating the grinder
- Stronger shaft increases durability of operation
- Increased grinding wheel stability reduces vibration and wear during operation
- One piece of equipment to grind head and web
- Maximum wheel speed is 6,000 rpm
- Adjustable grinding wheel guard rotates 360° and allows operation in tight areas
Powerful and Versatile
Equipped with the U.S. Motor Power 2-cycle engine produces 7 HP for easy grinding of all standard railhead profiles. The 2-cycle engine design allows for 180 degree range of motion in grinding the railhead surface without engine shut down.
Ergonomically Designed for Easy Operation
The Racine Gas Profile Grinder offers rubber isolated motor mounts for excellent vibration dampening for operator comfort. Unlike the competition, the power take off shaft is top mounted at the feed handle, allowing for easier access to connect the flex shaft for the straight and 90 degree hand pieces. The Rail Profile Grinder’s 185 lb. weight helps produce a smooth grind without additional effort.
Electric Motor Option
An optional 230 VAC, 3 Phase, 60 HZ electric model offers not only the same quality and dependability as the gas model, but is much quieter.
Hand Tool Attachments
Optional straight or right angle hand tool attachments for grinding the web and base of the rail are available.
7 HP U.S. Motors 8.2 cubic inch 2-Cycle engine @ 24:1 mixture, one gallon steel fuel tank, and protective safety guards utilizes 6" Cup stone with 5/8" single Arbor
- Available options: 14 foot flex shaft, right, and straight hand grinder attachment